The Italian Fruit CompanyALEGRA Group is a market oriented, flexible and dynamic cooperative company, whose core engagement is the rigorous respect of primary values and the commitment along the entire chain.
ALEGRA in figures:
- 10,000 Associated growers
- 570,000 Overall production (tons)
- TO 155 Mio €
- 85% Integrated cultivation share (on whole production)
- 5% Organic cultivation share (on whole production)
- 27 Processing and packing stations
- 71 Countryside Technicians
- 20 Quality Control Management
- 15 Area Managers – Sales Office Department
- 55 countries supplied worldwide.
JINGOLD: ALEGRA SCA is one of the exclusive distributors of the brand JINGOLD for the golden and green fleshed kiwi. Jin Tao, the golden fleshed variety, is an unique fruit for which the Kiwigold Consortium holds the exclusive world patent, and results from the natural selection of A. Chinensis. The Jin Tao kiwi is characterized by solid flavourful yellow flesh, high vitamin C & sugar content, counteracted by the right acidity amount, giving it truly exclusive taste. A real must-try!
OPERA: ALEGRA SCA is one of the exclusive members of the brad OPERA for high-quality Italian pear cultivation and marketing. The produce amounts up to 25% of all the Italian pear grown by more than 1000 espert pear growers guided by top-professional technicians in order to receieve the unique product, appreciated both in Italy all over the world.
From primary producers to consumer table (from farm to fork), the strengths of ALEGRA are:
- vocational attitude: cultivations in the best growing areas only;
- typicity: choice of growing F&V cultivars typical in the territory;
- full environmentally friendly production, adopting most updated techniques in integrated and organic production;
- rigorous control in all different chain phases and production traceability warranty;
- GLOBAL GAP certified farms;
- product certification: PGI, DOP;
- plants compliant with European standards, fitted with latest processing and packing technologies, equipped to supply private label products to the main international retail markets;
- BRC, ISO 9001, Environmental Management Standard (EMAS), Traceability in Feed and Food Chain 10939;
- from 2016 obtained the Certificate SA8000 for Social Responsibility;
- logistic platforms fitted for custom-tailored deliveries and services.
- wide range for quality and volumes;
- centralized commercial and marketing service;
- products offer split-up, according to customers requests;
- brand policy operations in Premium and Organic category;
- integrated crop management and private label organic products;
- support to retailers on internationalization projects;
- supply-projects tailored for supply chain, distribution channel and area;
- category management development, aimed to improve sales performances, arranged with distributors;
- product, packaging and logistic innovations;
- planning and setting up of targeted promotional activities;
- training courses for F&V staff;
- quality and merchandising service and post-sales assistance.
- quality control throughout the whole cultivation cycle;
- production traceability during processing stages and on finished product;
- low environmental impact and recyclable packaging/sales units;
- process and packaging plants certified according to International standards ISO 9001, 14000; British BRC, IFS;
- certifications: Bio Suisse, Naturland, Demeter, Fairtrade, GLOBAL GAP/GRASP, FLO-CERT;
- skilled managing group for pre & pos-sales assistance; even Europe-wide single pallet delivery;
- personalised/private labels supplies for each customer, destination, channel; promo materials.